|Ingredients||Original Recipe||Low Sodium (Salt)|
|Rice noodles dried|
small size (Chanburi style)
|50 g||50 g|
|Soy bean curd (Firm tofu)||4 teaspoons (20g)||4 teaspoons (20g)|
|Shrimp dried salted||1 tablespoon (15g)||–|
|Radish dried salted||4 teaspoons (20g)||–|
|Shrimp||–||2 tablespoons (45g)|
|Egg||1 egg||1 egg|
|Chive Chinese leaves||4 teaspoons (20g)||4 teaspoons (20g)|
|Mungbean sprout||3 tablespoons (50g)||3 tablespoons (50g)|
|Shallot||2 teaspoons (10g)||2 teaspoons (10g)|
|Garlic||1 teaspoon (5g)||1 teaspoon (5g)|
|Peanut||2 teaspoons (10g)||2 teaspoons (10g)|
|Soy bean oil|
|5 teaspoons (25g)||3 teaspoons (15g)|
|Lime juice||2 teaspoons (30g)||2 tablespoons (30g)|
|Tamarind ripe juice||5 tablespoons (75g)||2 tablespoons (30g)|
|Palm sugar||4 teaspoons (20g)||4 teaspoons (20g)|
|Sugar (Cane)||4 teaspoons (20g)||2 teaspoons (10g)|
|Fish sauce||2 teaspoons (10g)||1 teaspoon (5g)|
|Tomato ketchup||2 teaspoons (10g)||1 teaspoon (5g)|
- Prepare Pad Thai sauce by mixing tamarind juice, cane sugar, palm sugar, fish sauce and tomato ketchup in a pan, stir all ingredients together with low heat and set aside.
- Stir fry egg with a little soy bean oil then scrambling into small pieces and set aside.
- Stir fry garlic and shallot with oil then add soy bean curd and shrimp until all are done then set aside.
- Add soaked noodles into the pan (If the noodles are too hard, can add more water) then stirring until dry.
- Add Pad Thai sauce into pan and stir until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add mungbean sprout and chive Chinese leaves then stir until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Remove from heat and serve with fresh vegetable and lime juice.
|Low Sodium (Salt)||697||90||17||26||1042|
Thanwarin Tangsermwong, Healthy menu low salt…low fat, Thai MOPH and U.S. CDC